- slow the growth in out of control costs
- introduce competition into the health care marketplace in order to keep coverage affordable and insurers honest (good luck)
- protect your choice of doctor and health plan
- assure that all us Americans get access to quality, stable, affordable health care (key word "access")
It restricts insurance companies from denying coverage to anyone with a pre-existing condition or charging higher premiums based on gender or medical history. It also provides federal subsidies to those of us who cannot afford health insurance and it guarantees coverage for 96% of our citizens.
Key components include:
- Increasing choice and competition
- Giving peace of mind
- Improving quality care
- Ensuring shared responsibility
- Protecting consumers and reducing waste, fraud and abuse
- Reducing the deficit by ensuring the solvency of Medicare and Medicaid
So how do you benefit?
- Ends discrimination for pre-existing medical conditions
- No dropped coverage if you become sick
- No co-pays for preventative care
- Yearly caps on what you pay
- No caps on what insurance companies pay
- Improves focus on wellness and prevention
- Lowers costs over the long term by cutting down fraud, waste and abuse
- Strengthens medicare
Stay tuned for a breakdown of what our Senate proposes!!!
Contact me @ RealEstatewithRuben@gmail.com
SEE YOU AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD